Google Ads may go here
- Passive Voice in Tenses
Here is a list of Regular Verbs from the vocabulary list if you want to be sure you know what they are.
Take each present tense sentence, and do all the manipulations with the sentence, then do the next sentence, and so on.
(i) as passive sentences, then
(ii) take it to the future tense,
(iii) and then to the past.
(iv) Make each of the above pres., past, and fut. sentences negative and
(v) make each negative sentence a question.
(After you have written the sentences out, listen to the audio, to correct your answers. Do NOT listen to the audio first. You want to know how you did, and by listening first you rob yourself of that opportunity.)
- Ek soek die kelner. [basic]
- Ons koop 'n nuwe kar. [basic]
- Google druk die boeke. [basic]
- HP maak rekenaars. [basic]
- Die sokkerspeler skop die bal oor die muur. [advanced]
- Die ingenieur wys my sy nuwe plan. [advanced]
You can practice the structure in your native language, using the Afrikaans passive voice structure. An English example:
The boy climbs the ladder. > Die ladder word geclimb. / Die ladder is geclimb. / Die ladder sal geclimb word.
The nurse helps the doctor. > The doctor word gehelp. / The doctor is gehelp. / The doctor sal gehelp word.
1. Understanding - explain Passives - i) what it is, and ii) how to from a present, past and future tense sentence (with examples).
2. Do it with short sentences. [basic]
3. Do it with longer sentences. [advanced]
4. Do it with a mix of long and short sentences without hesitation [automated]
B2 = Regular Verbs
B3 = Prefixed Verbs & Inseparable Compounds
B4 = Separable Compounds